Grady Ferry is now the new Region 9 1st VP. We are very excited to welcome Grady and his wife, Keith, on board. They will be a great asset to the region. Grady will continue to serve out his term as the THLU president along with serving as Region 9 1st VP. Please make sure you include him on all the newsletters and other information from your unit.
Totem Pole Table Decoration Contest in Shawnee, OK for the “Airstream PowWow”! Yes, we will again have a table decoration contest in Shawnee with a couple of changes. Next year we will make it a people’s choice award. You will have the opportunity to vote on the totem poles you think are the best. We will take your votes throughout the week and the results will be announced on Saturday, the last night of the rally. Hopefully you will get the opportunity to sit at various tables and see all of the totem poles before you cast your ballot. The totem poles can be about anything, they don’t have to include an Airstream. They can tell a story or just be for fun. I can’t wait to see what everyone comes up with.
Please mark your calendars for October 22-25, 2015. A Texas Country Air “urban downtown camping” event will be held in Historic downtown Quanah, Texas. Please include this Rally in your 2015 calendar. This will be a FREE Rally so early registration is suggested. Registration begins Fall 2014. See Registration Brochure for complete program. Additional information to be announced.
Texas Plains Unit—Wally Byam Caravan Club Int ’ l
The Three Rivers Foundation ( 3RF )
• Texas Style Grand Ole Opry
• Dulcimer Concert
• Piano Concert & Sing Along
• Classic Car Show
• Classic Tractor Show
• Movie on the Courthouse Lawn
• Participate in Drum Circles
• Planet & Star Gazing
• Airstream Ice Cream Social
• Walking Tour of Historic Downtown Quanah
• Golf Scramble
• Tire Safety
• Staying Healthy On The Road
• TX DOT Roll Over Convincer
• Water Conservation With Rain Barrels
• The Orphan Train
• Quanah Parker—Indian History of the Area
• Proper Washing & Waxing of Your RV
• No parking or rally fees will be collected. This is a free rally.
• There are a limited number of parking sites available. Registration is first come/first served. Register early.
• Four magnificently restored buildings plus the recently restored historic Hardeman County courthouse will be
used for this rally. Buildings are handicap accessible.
• No electricity on site. Quiet generators (<70 DBA) are allowed.
• Dump sites available off-site.
• Water available on site.
• All activities are located within one block of parking site.